Lettings Arrangements and Charges
Securing your new rental home is an exciting event, but to ensure we deliver a first-class service and a rental property that’s within the law, there are a number of questions we will need to ask before agreeing your offer:-
- How many people will be living in the property?
- What can you afford, bearing in mind the monthly rent, council tax charge and utility bills?
- For how long do you intend to rent a property?
- Do you have any special requirements relating to your tenancy?
Committing to a property
Your intentions need to be validated by a financial commitment. We will require a holding deposit equal to two weeks' rent as a fee of intent to start negotiations.
Our background checks will be conducted in partnership with an independent credit reference agency. Expect your former landlord, your current bank and your employer(s) to be contacted to verify your circumstances and tenant history. Once we have satisfactory references through, you will be required to sign a Tenancy Agreement for your rental property in North West London. Please contact us if you are a ‘Company Tenant’ using a relocation agent, as there may be specific paperwork relating to your move.
Before you move into a rental property in Camden or any other North West London neighbourhood, we will require:-
1. First month's rent (or as agreed)
2. Deposit (typically the equivalent of six weeks' rent, minus the reservation fee already taken)
3. Reference fee - £150 (inc VAT per person)
4. Admin fee - £100 (inc VAT) / corporate admin fee - £300 (inc VAT)
5. Referencing Guarantor fee (when required) - £60 per person
All funds must clear before we release keys. We accept payment by banker's draft, credit or debit card. Unfortunately, we do not accept cheques.
Check In / Inventory Fee:
- Studio - £144.00 (inc VAT)
- One Bedroom - £144.00 (inc VAT)
- Two Bedroom - £156.00 (inc VAT)
- Three Bedroom - £168.00 (inc VAT)
- Four Bedroom - £180.00 (inc VAT)
- Five Bedroom and Upwards - £210.00 (inc VAT)
Fees due prior to referencing:
Reference: £160.80 (inc VAT per person/guarantor)
Admin Charge: £84 (inc VAT)
Total: £244.80 including VAT
Contract Charge: £156 (inc VAT)
Tenancy Deposit Scheme: £55.20 (inc VAT)
Total: £211.20 including VAT
£120 (inc VAT)
Tenant reference letter
£35 (inc VAT)
Tenant reference letter
£35 including VAT
End of tenancy inventory check out
From £120 + VAT = £144 (varies according to size of property)
Moving in and checking out
Before you move in, we’ll need cleared monies, satisfactory references and a signed tenancy agreement. To verify your new rental property in North West London is handed over in good condition we will organise an inventory with an independent clerk. You can be present during this inspection to check the condition of the property yourself. The inventory will be used at the end of your tenancy to check fixtures and fittings as you depart. The condition of the property at the time you move in will be compared to the state of the property on the day you move out, noting any damage and defects. Any credible discrepancies will be reflected in the amount of deposit returned to you. Please refer to your tenancy agreement if you need clarification.