We were really hard pushed to nominate our top five as living in Camden is such a joy. The London Residential team has a number of favourites so drop in to our office for more recommendations and advice on how to bag a Camden Town property.
1. Camden Town Brewery - Some say this place has single-handedly revived the fortunes of the ale industry, brewing thousands of pints of craft ale on an annual basis. Book yourself onto the brewery tour, check out the regular pop-up events or toast your new Camden property with a keg of Hells lager. We also have to mention Camden’s craft beer bar, Brewdog, too - it’s a great after-work hang out close to our office.
2. The Roundhouse - There’s no cooler social media check in than Camden but for added kudos, make sure everyone knows you’re at The Roundhouse. Although Koko and The Jazz Café should also be on your list, The Roundhouse - a Grade II listed live performance venue - is still the place to catch concerts, cabarets and live podcasts.
3. BYOC Camden - If your property for sale has just changed hands or you need a place to discuss viewings, seek out the rather hidden away door near Mornington Crescent Tube. It leads to BYOC Camden - a casino-themed bar. The premise is unusual but simple - bring your own unopened bottle of spirit, hand it to the bartenders and they’ll mix you a variety of chi chi cocktails.
4. Stables Market - It’s an epicentre of entertainment, cuisine and culture that sums up living in Camden. As well as being the largest of several market spaces, the Stables Market is home to the Amy Winehouse statue, uber restaurant Gilgamesh, the daytime bar/burlesque venue/nightclub Proud Camden and now Gabeto Cantina - an all-day Cuban bar and Restaurant.
5. Street art - Spray painted masterpieces are very much part of living in Camden - almost every wall is a canvass! There are a number of organised street art tours, during which you’ll be shown the amazing talents of artists such as Alice Pasquini, Bambi, Gregos, Senor X, Alaniz, Vanesa Longchamp and Trust Icon.
London Residential - local experts and NW London estate agents - would be delighted to share more Camden highlights with you. For a tour of the area - including some property viewings - contact us today.